venerdì 16 settembre 2016

Awesome Australia

One of the first things I noticed in Melbourne was people walking in the street without staring at their phones..

Eclectic city, quirky shops and coffee bars, diverse people and dress codes, it was a breath of fresh air. It felt like Hackney with US dimensions and a certain European charm.

Didn’t expect much and have been totally surprised.

The vicinity of Great Ocean Road meant I could do a day trip to the 12 Apostles. The weather and the view were dramatic.

Work, work, work and then finally a few days off in my beloved Sydney.

Went back to revisit all the places I have been to 15 years ago. It was really emotional seeing the house in Epping, the telephone box near Boronia Park and the Zappi’s Pizzeria across the train station.

Suddenly I was there. Breathed deeply the dear and familiar scents, I felt dizzy.

Spent a few days going around the city looking for an Aboriginal piece of art to bring home, but I succeeded, and not only I found something special, but managed to bring home lots of new memories, beautiful moments with dear friends and the confirmation that the sand on Bondi beach it really is like flour and butter and it was not my memory making it sweeter!

Love you Australia and I am not done with you.









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento