sabato 30 dicembre 2017

Reflections of 2017 – part 1


I recognise that I have reverted to type recently; talk a good game when it comes to blog posts, but unlike The Wife I often lack blogging inspiration, a clarity of what I want to say, and….energy. That most basic requirement that enables one to get off one’s arse and do something that needs doing or that you might want to do.
All of you who know me will of course recognise my preferred hobby of “doing as little as possible for as long as possible”.
The Wife calls me “loffio”, so I have christened my relaxing time as the process of “loffiaggio”.
Anyway, I digress, for despite my natural tendencies, as the new year lands upon us all, I must endeavour to be better at taking those little things, observations and feelings, and turning them into a more regular commentary worthy of my habitat.

Before that though…some thoughts and memories of 2017…

The Maldives in February
The beauty of the Indian Ocean and the archipelago, the blues and greens, the calm, the silence, the sense of isolation. Diving into the clear Indian Ocean from our water villa, drying off on our deck. The claustrophobia of Male, the volume of plastic and rubbish in the water around the capital, compared to the perfection of the resorts.


And the washroom cleaning lady in Changi airport whom I approached for directions to the nearest toilet…her squawked reply makes us laugh even now... "EEh??? Don knoooowwwww" and then she was gone, off to clean the next toilets. Should I have followed her? Might have looked odd.

Maldives is a definite on the visit list this year…we’ll be back, for one more visit…





South Korea in March
Jeju island, volcanic rock formations, like the Devils Causeway but slightly smaller?
Rocks and rock sculptures, and amazing trees, in Hallim Park and in Ssangyong caves.
The views from Seongsan Ilchulbon, the top of the stunning deceased volcano, a unesco world heritage site and rightly so.
The sex park. Models and sculptures of people...having sex....or of massive members and enormous clitorises being fingered. 

Best memory?
Eating octopus so fresh it still hadn't worked out it was dead. Seeing Roby’s face drain of all colour as the plate of octopus arrived, the plate moving as if full of worms. The sheer joy in CW’s face, clapping with excitement. At that precise moment, a dawning of the sheer authenticity of actually being in Asia. I laughed, knowing I would have to try it. I did. I also knew Roby would be too competitive not to do the same as a result. She did :)





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento